Monday, May 27, 2013

Waffly Good!

This morning we tried Paleo Parent's recipe for Belgium waffles.  Pretty good!  My kids are pretty reluctant to eat grain free breakfast items.  Muffins, pancakes, waffles have generally been a no go in our house.  That's usually due to the addition of almond or coconut flour.  This recipe intrigued me because it only had a tbsp. of  arrowroot powder, and the rest of the ingredients were all things my kids willingly eat and enjoy!

The verdict?  2/3 kids approve.  The other 1/3 was very grumpy this morning, so I don't have a good read on this.  I don't know that they LOVED these, as in, they wanted to eat a lot of them. But, they did eat one, I did offer points for this meal.  Hoping to have these be a weekly regular.  I love the idea of making a big batch and freezing these for toaster waffle breakfasts!




Chloe - 11 points.  5 for clearing her plate and 3 for waffles, 3 for strawberries.
Sophie - 11 points. 5 for clearing her plate and 3 for waffles, 3 for strawberries
Daphne - 4 points 3 for strawberries and 1 for trying the waffles.




No comments:

Post a Comment